Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Episcopal Bishop Makes Massively Enormous Jump to ...

... Roman Catholicism.

(link)

He states: "I believe God is now calling us to continue our ministry to serve in the healing of the visible Body of Christ in the world. I am convinced our Lord’s deepest desire is for the unity of the Church."

His way of healing the visible Body is - leaving his post.
His way of enhancing unity is - changing sects.

Odd, don't you think?

Yet, I suppose his "conversion" will be far less noted than Prof. Beckwith's - if only because Epispoleanism and Roman Catholicism are so close to begin with.

-Turretinfan

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Turretinfan,

Do you know how Evangelical Anglicans (e.g. J.I. Packer) relate to High Church Anglicans like this bishop? Thanks.

Turretinfan said...

Dear Albert,

I haven't personally known any J.I. Packer-type Anglicans. Have you? I'd be happy to be wrong. I'd be happy to be wrong, but from where I'm standing he's the exception, not the rule in Anglicanism.

-Turretinfan

Anonymous said...

The Bishop's remarks, I find quite ironic:

I believe God is now calling us to continue our ministry to serve in the healing of the visible Body of Christ in the world. I am convinced our Lord’s deepest desire is for the unity of the Church.

hmmmmmm, ok, here's how we unify, we cause division within the ranks.

Yes, I do admit it, Jesus preached the same:

Luk 12:49 I am come to send fire on the earth; and what will I, if it be already kindled?
Luk 12:50 But I have a baptism to be baptized with; and how am I straitened till it be accomplished!
Luk 12:51 Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:
Luk 12:52 For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three.


If it is indeed the "Lord's doing" then this man has a point.

If not then maybe these Words of Verse fit:

1Ti 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;


Except for that, what next?

Michael