Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Meta-Fan Mail - Not Really

I recently received this comment on my blog:

"First of all, let me say that it is so inspiring and encouraging to see your passion for the Bible and your desire to help others discover a deeper relationship with Christ. Your blog is thought provoking and your passion for the Word of God is contagious! "

While those are certainly kind words, I cannot help but think that the writer did not bother to read my blog in any real depth. In fact, I suspect it was more or less marketing spam, since it seems to be the kind of thing that virtually any theoblogger would like to receive, and was followed by a message to check out the commenter's web site.

Of course, my apologies to the writer if it was actually specifically written as a compliment to my blog. Nevertheless, I offer this as an example of a well-written generic compliment. I wonder whether any of my fellow bloggers will admit to having received the same exact compliment?

-Turretinfan

2 comments:

James R. Polk said...

I received the same e-mail "complement" a few days ago. The writer very thoughtfully provided a downloadable logo of the site he/she was promoting. :)

Turretinfan said...

Thanks for the confirmation, fellow swordsman!