Thursday, December 27, 2007

Now I get why Osteen says Mormons are Christians ...

It is, as they say, all about the Benjamins* (link).

That just confirms to me that Osteen is not a Christian teacher at all, no matter what he may call himself. If someone can locate a copy of Turretin's Institutes in their local Mormon bookstore, I'll eat my hat (figuratively speaking).

-Turretinfan


* For those unfamiliar with urban lingo, Benjamins = money

UPDATE: JohnMark at Beggars All Reformation is less suspicious of Osteen - and simply sees this as confirming the vacuity of Osteen's writing (link).

1 comment:

James R. Polk said...

If someone can locate a copy of Turretin's Institutes in their local Mormon bookstore, I'll eat my hat (figuratively speaking).

Well, I don't think you'll be tasting your hat anytime soon. I'll give Osteen one thing though. He's a good motivational speaker. Granted, it's as vacuous as his writing, but if you want to be high on deception, then he's your man.