Friday, April 25, 2014

Ergun Caner - Janet Parshall's "Talking it Over" - January 10, 2009

Moody Audio has posted audio from Janet Parshall's "Talking It Over" show, featuring Ergun Caner as the guest (link to page for audio).  It apparently aired and/or was recorded on Saturday, January 10, 2009.  All times are approximate

5:10 “I had a gentleman in a debate say that I must have had a mercy bypass.”

I wonder what debate that was?

11:05 “It's like someone quoting Scripture to me in a debate - and they'll say, 'well the Bible says' - you know - I had a debate with homosexuals just very recently, and he said 'the Bible says, judge not that ye shall not be judged,' and I go 'that's a wonderful quote, where is that," and he said 'you should know! you should know!' I said, 'I do know, I'm asking you,' and he gave his little talk but he never gave the answer. And I said, 'I'll tell you what, I won't quote from your authors, if you don't quote from mine'.”

Which debate was this?

22:30 EC: "I said that - you know -  'I've been called every name in the book, towel-head, camel-jockey, sand-monkey, etc. but I don't care'" JP: " and by the way, Ergun, at that point you need to tell people that's because at one time you were Muslim." EC: "Oh, yeah, and ethnically I'm Turkish, 100%, raised as Muslim, came to America as an immigrant."

He was raised more after coming to America than before, and his mother is Swedish as is his grandmother, who only spoke Swedish.

34:20 “I mean I came out of Islam. I was raised in it until I was 18.”

By 18, he was apparently in Bible college.

35:00 “You know, I have a nickname. My full name, Ergun Mehmet Caner, is tough on a southern tongue - so my nickname is Butch.”

No, his full name is Ergun Michael Caner.

Moody Audio also has another recording allegedly of Ergun Caner (link to page for audio). Unfortunately, that audio is actually Walid Shoebat.

- TurretinFan

No comments: