Tuesday, May 20, 2008
In the clip above, Paul Washer preaches a short but powerful message from Scripture on the sinfulness of that estate whereinto man fell.
It's really a simple set of syllogisms:
1. All men are sinners;
2. You are a man;
3. Therefore, you are a sinner.
4. All sinners deserve death;
5. You are a sinner;
6. Therefore, you deserve death.
7. There is one way to be saved, namely by faith in Christ alone for salvation;
8. If you have not believed on Christ alone for salvation, you are still under condemnation;
9. Therefore, believe: repent of your sins and trust in Christ alone for salvation. For there is no other way to be saved. Your works will not save you: they will only render you more guilty. Your will cannot save you: it is the slave of your desires. Only God can save you: therefore, trust in Him! Turn to Him in repentance, and beg Him for mercy, aware of the heinousness of your sins, and the justice of hell that you deserve.