Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Unloading 17 More Loaded Questions for "Bible Christians" 12/17

Steve Ray has a list of more than 35 loaded Questions for "Bible Christians" (quotation marks his)(link to the whole list). I originally planned to respond to just 35 of them, but the series seems to have been of interest, so in this extension, I'm responding to three more numbered questions in his list, plus fourteen "bonus questions" that take the form "Where does the Bible say ... ." I'm trying to provide the answers in the same common format as the original series, for easy reference. This is number 12/17.

Where does the Bible . . .
. . . who wrote the Book of Acts?

Simple Answer(s):

Luke wrote the book of Acts, as explained in the previous segment.

Important Qualification(s):

As explained in the previous segment, we don't hang any important doctrine of the faith on whether the name of the author of Acts was really "Luke" or was really something else.

- TurretinFan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As these questions unfold upon my mind and emotions, I come to realize that, to the one, Sola Scriptura, it is "what" we are hearing and the effects of that that affect our souls, all the while, with the other, this sort of thrust, this kind of inquiry, it simply is to set a foundation for them to justify the other, "those" extra writers and their writings, that certainly do not carry the sound of the first.

Why?

Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God; and I might add, no one hears the Word of God by themself. Without the aid of God's Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Grace, one would not even know they are hearing the "Faith" once delivered to the Saints, even if they heard it!

I know for a fact that I heard the Word many times before I heard it with the gift of Faith! Before, it was a dry and boring book to listen to read. Now, it seems there are days when I cannot put it down and rest from reading it myself never tiring while enjoying every bit of what I am hearing or reading!